Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Sexiest Midterm You Could Ever Find

1.After studying 20th century media for eight weeks I have learned about the developing forms of media, how they are being used in society, and the benefits or disadvantages of their influence. In my reading I've gained knowledge on the history and development of media, and in class I've become skilled with utilizing and recognizing the different tools used to manipulate the audience.

2.The most important thing I have learned as a critical thinker is how to identify and therefore fight back against the tools used by media to manipulate an audience. By understanding strategy I can see past it.

3.If I had to do one thing over the first half of the semester it would have to be concerning the weekly blogs. I was a bit lazy on a few of them, and totally just should have done all of them

4.One thing I would like Rob Williams to do differently this first half of the semester is to explain this whole blogging thing a bit more. I'm rather new to the blog scene and I would like to become more familiar with how it works before just diving right into it.

5.The power tools are an efficient and useful way to break down a medium, analyzing it for what it is and how it works. The course blogs gives me a good chance to stay on top of my reading and actually have a task to go with it. The personal blog I was a bit apprehensive about at first but I found it to be an amazingly fun assignment. The quizzes are amazingly helpful because they really drive the info into my brain. I feel as though the films and books offer interesting texts to study. Being media themselves, they allow me to learn and be immersed in what I'm studying.

Wasn't that pretty sexy?

1 comment: